Meet Our Attorneys
Michael Ellis ATTORNEY
Michael D. Ellis has been an attorney with Seiler Mitby since 2019, continuing to focus his practice on intellectual property matters and commercial litigation. Prior to working with Seiler Mitby, Michael was an attorney at Antonelli, Harrington & Thompson and at Gray Reed & McGraw, PC, where he worked on intellectual property and commercial litigation matters.
Michael has worked on complex patent cases in a variety of fields, including biomedicine, computer networking, oilfield drilling, and industrial manufacturing. His peers selected him for inclusion in the Thomson Reuters Texas SuperLawyers Rising Stars List every year since 2018. Rising Stars is a designation of top-rated practicing attorneys selected through extensive evaluation. In addition to his day job, Michael donates his time pro bono to provide free legal advice to local veterans and to families in need at the Houston Area Women’s Center.
Michael graduated cum laude from Baylor University School of Law, where he served as Managing Executive Editor of the Baylor Law Review. He also won multiple moot court competition first-place finishes and top speaker awards. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering from Tulane University. Michael has interned for the Honorable Walter S. Smith, United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, Waco Division and the Honorable Steven Kirkland of the 215th Civil District Court in Houston.
Prior to embarking on his legal career, Michael had a successful career as a Technical Sales Engineer and Manager at a medical device company. This experience certainly bolsters his intellectual property and civil litigation skill with regard to the healthcare sector and medical devices specifically.
A native Houstonian, Michael lives in The Woodlands with his wife and three children.
- Baylor School of Law Houston, Juris Doctorate, 2014
- Graduated cum laude
- Baylor Law Review, Managing Editor
- Order of Barristers
- Moot Court – Multiple first-place finishes and top speaker awards
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, 2005
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Houston Bar Association, Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Texas SuperLawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation, 2018-2020