Meet Our Attorneys
Megan Rapp ATTORNEY
Megan Bibb Rapp has been an attorney with Seiler Mitby since 2017, focusing her practice on business litigation. Megan has been practicing law since 2010, working at some of the top law firms in the region. Megan is a trial lawyer who has managed state and federal litigation from the filing of the lawsuit through appeal.
Megan handles a variety of litigation for businesses and individuals on both the plaintiff and defense side. She routinely represents clients in litigation involving claims for fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and tortious interference. She has also represented clients in negligence cases related to property damage and personal injury, employment disputes arising out of state and federal law, and cases involving construction defects and lien disputes.
Megan graduated from The University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance in 2003, magna cum laude. Subsequently, she obtained a Master of Music in Musicology in 2005 and a Master of Science in Information Systems with an Advanced Certificate in Preservation Administration in 2007 from The University of Texas at Austin.
She earned her law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2010. During law school, Megan served as a Board Member of the Women’s Law Student Association and Executive Editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law. She also won the Journal of Entertainment and Technology Best Student Note Award and achieved a Certificate of Specialization in Law and Business.
Megan has been selected by her peers for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business Litigation every year since 2018.
Megan is a member of the Houston Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, The Woodlands Bar Association, and The State Bar of Texas. As for pro bono work, Mrs. Rapp has prosecuted more than 10 jury trials as a volunteer prosecutor for the City of Houston Municipal Court. She has also volunteered with Catholic Charities to help children and families before the family law courts of Montgomery, Harris, and Galveston Counties.
- Obtained summary judgment for employer in FLSA litigation;
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in a fraud case after trying the case as first chair;
- Obtained favorable settlement for plaintiff in a business divorce and breach of contract action after forcing company at issue into receivership;
- Obtained death penalty sanctions, including the award of a $300,000 default judgment, after extensive motion practice involving major discovery deficiencies;
- Obtained favorable settlement for landowner after successfully defeating numerous motions for summary judgment in a case involving substantial property damage as a result of flooding;
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of developer-defendant in a negligence and nuisance case involving alleged property damage;
- Forced a non-suit of all claims after filing motions for sanctions and for dismissal under the Texas Citizens Participation Act in a defamation and tortious interference with contract case;
- First chaired a bench trial in a contract dispute arising out of the construction of a home;
- Defended manufacturing company after an explosion resulting in injuries and a fatality;
- Obtained favorable settlement for pro bono client in case involving conversion of company property and theft.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Juris Doctorate, 2010
- Board Member of Women’s Law Student Association
- Executive Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law
- Journal of Entertainment and Technology Best Student Note Award
- Certificate of Specialization in Law and Business
- The University of Texas at Austin, Master of Science in Information Systems with an Advanced Certificate in Preservation Administration, 2007
- The University of Texas at Austin, Master of Music in Musicology, 2005
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance with a Double Major in German Studies, magna cum laude, 2003
- United States District Court for the Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2018-2020
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association